“Dealing Officer（年資 1-3年 ）： 月收入 HK$13,000 – 17,000 (Depends on background and experience) + Double Pay + Bonus (Quarterly + Discretionary) + Special Allowance” – Anonymous – 12.12.2017
“正常日子：8:30am – 5:30pm
繁忙日子：8:30am – 6:00pm” – Anonymous – 12.12.2017
“1 – 2 Years, Dealing Officer
3 – 4 Years, Senior Dealing Officer
5 – 7 Years, Assistant Branch Manager
This is just what I observed. There’re many cases that some one get promoted faster to BM (5 yrs) and there’re colleagues who have worked for a decade and are still SO. As soon as you start working here, you will see the hierarchy of the firm. Senior staff are nice in generally. They appreciate you being proactive and active in participating in company events. In that case, you are likely to get promoted sooner than the peers as impression of senior management plays an important role here.
If you stay, the standard career path is as follow:
Dealer -> Senior Dealer -> Assistant BM -> Branch Manger -> District Manager -> Director
There’re opportunities for staff to transfer internally and to take an unconventional path.
E.g. Some dealers moved to other functions include research, credit, CS or WM and subsequently moved to bigger firms / banks. Make sure the department head likes you and there’s a headcount.
My biased view is, Chief is one of the ideal place for the inexperienced to start a career in the industry(Given the work-life balance, reasonable entry requirement and a friendly culture, etc.). But, the learning curve is flat as soon as you have picked up your daily routine. It is always important to develop your niche. (Can be anything. You will have plenty of time to study for CFA if you wish to…)”- Anonymous – 12.12.2017
– Account opening
– Dealing, execution of trades
– Notice clients of settlement, margin calls, etc.
– All sort of CS and Ops related to equities, e.g. phy stocks collections, IPOs, dividends, right shares subscriptions…
– ANYTHING to keep the branch running, no matter how tedious it seems
– Cold / Warm call to promote services / promotion campaigns (You are not supposed to sell products over the phone)
– Occasionally need to stay behind for 2 – 3 hours for seminars / staff meetings
– Be the speaker of certain minor seminars
– Be the committee members of various committees within the firm (E.g. Volunteer Services, Staff Welfare, etc.)”– Anonymous – 12.12.2017
“– Most colleagues are nice and easy-going. Seniors were very helpful (the turnover rate has been high for the last two years and quite a lot of them left though).
– There’s always a list of clients that you have to call. It is endless as long as you are in Chief. Someone would do every one a big favour to stop this “activities management” tricks…
– To management: One can be a good dealer, or one can be a good financial product sales but do not expect every one to be good at both at the same time. Not any one is suitable for any role. Assign the right tasks and learning objectives to the right people.
Lastly, for those who are thinking about becoming a dealer, you will probably be among the last generation of us. You should feel like digging your own grave every time you help open a new account and help set up a online trading account. Haha..” – Anonymous – 12.12.2017
“Why dealing. Why Chief.
Phone Interview, 2nd Round or more interviews” – Anonymous – 12.12.2017
而家仲可以上埋SJ House ==> SJ House，一個網睇晒各區的住宅Rating，快D上來Rate下自己住緊個屋苑啦！
Employers who object to or otherwise wish to complain about the above content please contact us via email or press here. The above is mere opinion of the submitter(s) (not this website) only on the working environment of the said company, not from an official source, might be inaccurate, and in no way indicates the quality of any products or services or the level of competence or integrity of the above mentioned company and its staff. Unauthorised reposting of the contents herein is strictly prohibited.