“Software Engineer: 月收入$200,000 + yearly bonus” – Anonymous – 4.11.2016
繁忙日子：10:00am-5:00pm“- Anonymous – 4.11.2016
“It is OK.“– Anonymous – 4.11.2016
“Software Engineer in Google. “- Anonymous – 4.11.2016
“Very happy“- Anonymous – 4.11.2016
“Direct onsite because I interviewed in the past and did well that time. From the time I sent my resume to interview day: 2 weeks. From interview day to offer over the phone: 2 weeks.
The syllabus for the interviews is very clear and simple:
1) Dynamic Programming
2) Super recursion (permutation, combination,…2^n, m^n, n!…etc. type of program. (NP hard, NP programs)
3) Probability related programs
4) Graphs: BFS/DFS are usually enough
5) All basic data structures from Arrays/Lists to circular queues, BSTs, Hash tables, B-Trees, and Red-Black trees, and all basic algorithms like sorting, binary search, median,…
6) Problem solving ability at a level similar to TopCoder Division 1, 250 points. If you can consistently solve these, then you are almost sure to get in with 2-weeks brush up.
7) Review all old interview questions in Glassdoor to get a feel. If you can solve 95% of them at home (including coding them up quickly and testing them out in a debugger + editor setup), you are in good shape.
8) Practice coding–write often and write a lot. If you can think of a solution, you should be able to code it easily…without much thought.
9) Very good to have for design interview: distributed systems knowledge and practical experience.
10) Good understanding of basic discrete math, computer architecture, basic math.
11) Coursera courses and assignments give a lot of what you need to know.
12) Note that all the above except the first 2 are useful in “real life” programming too!
Graph related question and super recursion
Design discussion involving a distributed system with writes/reads going on at different sites in parallel.
Array and Tree related questions
Designing a simple class to do something. Not hard, but not easy either. You need to know basic data structures very well to consider different designs and trade-offs.
Computer architecture and low level perf. enhancement question which requires knowledge of Trees, binary search, etc.
At the end, I wasn’t tired and rather enjoyed the discussions. I think the key was long term preparation and time spent doing topcoder for several years (on and off as I enjoy solving the problems).
Conclusion: “It’s not the best who win the race; it’s the best prepared who win it.”
Show Less“- Anonymous – 4.11.2016
而家仲可以上埋SJ個仔 ==> SJ House，一個網睇晒各區的住宅Rating，快D上來Rate下自己住緊個屋苑啦！
Employers who object to or otherwise wish to complain about the above content please contact us via email or press here. The above is mere opinion of the submitter(s) (not this website) only on the working environment of the said company, not from an official source, might be inaccurate, and in no way indicates the quality of any products or services or the level of competence or integrity of the above mentioned company and its staff. Unauthorised reposting of the contents herein is strictly prohibited.